Saturday, April 1, 2017

Miranda Rights


Day One of Criminal Justice 101 class, 2004.  Thank you, CourtTV & every single race driven trial for making it so easy to pick an elective.  Thank you,  predominantly white, Christian, upper class private university for pissing me off daily & providing me with an audience rife with superiority complexes.  Two truths & a lie, she said.  I just happened to have a LOT of time to prepare since she started in the back corner of the classroom & I tend to sit by the door (quick escape).  Gaaawwwd why is everyone soooo corny???!!  OK.  I’m ready.  Hmm, that was a good one.  Come on Token Black Guy make it a good one…*sigh* lame.  He must be dating a white girl.  Why am I sweating, I’m not even nervous... dammit this chair is narrow & I am fat.  Eek here we go!  “I am a Comm major.  I have a 5 year old son & I am an only child.” 
*silence*
*eyes darting around*
Token Black Guy:  “THERE IS NO WAY you’re an only child!” 
Everyone else:  “Yeah!  Only child is a lie!”
Me:  “I don’t have kids”  *sits down carefully*
Criminal Justice Professor *jaw on floor*
*silence*

Pinche Checkmate Cabrones.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment